REPORTS TO: Pharmacy In Charge
SALARY: Per Approved Budget
JOB STATUS: Full-Time/Non-Exempt/Rotating Shift & Weekends
OPEN DATE: 2/1/2024
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
Provides distributive pharmacy services, assistance, and support for the Pharmacist.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assists patients at the pharmacy window and answers telephones.
Takes refill requests and dispensing of refill medications.
Accurately fills new, refill and discharge prescriptions with correct drug name strength, dosage form and quantity according to the patient medication profile.
Monitors patient data in an automated system to ensure accurate data and appropriate billing information.
Enter the correct drug, strength, dosage form and quantity into the patient’s computerized medical chart.
Process prescription claims through the Point-of-Sale Software.
Repackages drugs in usable prescription size, maintain control of logs as required for quality control.
Prepares sterile solutions in the pharmacy.
Interprets doctor’s order for review by pharmacist; obtains necessary ingredients; prepares and labels in the final product. Assists pharmacists in filling prescriptions (i.e., typing, filling prescriptions in written and oral forms, etc.).
Operates and cares for various pharmacy equipment; assists pharmacy staff in maintaining cleanliness of the pharmacy, pharmacy storage, and other drug storage areas.
Orders and procures drugs; receives drug shipments.
Maintains the physical inventory of the pharmacy department, which includes the outpatient, Omnicell, and pharmacy storage area.
Performs other duties as assigned to maintain and enhance the operation of the program.
High School Diploma or GED.
Must have a current Wyoming State Pharmacy Technician Certification Board license or Technician-in-Training permit from the Wyoming Board of Pharmacy.
A Technician-in-Training permit must not have more than one transfer within a two-year period and must obtain PTCB within 6 months of the start date.
One year of hospital or retail pharmacy experience.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check under the Indian Child Protection Act and Family Act (P.L.101-630).
Current BLS Certification or must be able to obtain it within 60 days of hire.
Competitive wages (no state or local tax)
18 different medical insurance packages
Dental and vision insurance
Retirement plan with 4% match
IMPORTANT APPLICATION CRITERIA:
- Submit a complete application with supporting documents either online or to WRFCHC Human Resource Department located at 120 North 6th East St (Old DFS Bldg.), Riverton WY. Applicants must submit all supporting documents to be eligible for the position they are applying for.
- Supporting documents: Driver’s License, Tribal ID, High School Diploma/GED, Degree or professional credentials, and other supporting documents that verify required qualifications.
- Applicants not living in the local area may submit a cover letter, resume, and supporting documents in lieu of an application as an initial statement of interest for a particular job announcement. However, the applicant must follow-up with an official Wind River Family and Community Health Care job application.
- Applicants who have a current application on file are required to submit a letter of interest for each position in which they want to be considered for. The letter should address how they meet each qualification. Supporting documents must be attached to the letter of interest.
- Telephone calls are not accepted in place of an employment application or letter of interest.
- When the position qualifications require a driver’s license, education, or professional credentials, the applicant must submit copies of certificates, licenses, degrees, and other supporting documentation. Applicants who do not provide supporting documents will be disqualified.
- WRFCHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Preference will be given to a qualified tribal member, then a qualified tribal member of a federally recognized tribe and then other qualified candidates.
- Qualified Indian Preference applicants must provide a copy of their tribal enrollment identification card or a Certificate of Indian Blood.
- Background investigation, drug and alcohol screening are required as a condition of employment. Refusal will render the applicant ineligible for employment.
For information or questions, please contact Human Resources at 307-856-9281 ext. 367.