DEPARTMENT: Clinical Nursing
REPORTS TO: Director of Nursing
JOB STATUS: Full-time/Permanent/Non-Exempt
OPEN DATE: 01/11/2024
CLOSE DATE: Open until filled
Telemedicine uses videoconferencing equipment to send and receive medical information and pictures. The Telemedicine Nurse facilitates this technology to serve patients who require specialized care in a distant community.
The Telemedicine Nurse will serve as a clinical resource and help to develop, implement, evaluate and design Telemedicine workflows and measures to ensure optimal integration into delivery of care and service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Demonstrates competency in knowledge and skills of Telemedicine Nurse and site coordination roles.
Informs and updates providers and staff of services available through Telemedicine.
Provides specialist site with any necessary information.
Follows the referral process/coordinates appointments with specialist, patient, and clinical site.
Facilitates equipment set-up and indicated quality control activities in preparation for appointment.
- Sees that requested lab/tests are ordered and results are sent to specialist.
- Schedules follow-up appointments, ensures referrals are sent.
Provides care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that is sensitive to the patient’s and family’s diversity, preserving their autonomy, dignity, and rights.
Maintains strict confidentiality and high ethical standards in performing the position. Is respectful, possesses cultural awareness and sensitivity, is flexible and demonstrates sound work ethics.
Applies professional nursing principles, practices, procedures, and techniques to patients with a wide variety of conditions from pediatrics to geriatrics per scope of practice.
Provides culturally competent care appropriate to the age of patients served. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the lifespan. Identifies and categorizes each patient's age-specific grouping of needs, i.e., infant, adolescent, adult, or geriatric patients.
Records observations, nursing interventions, therapeutic measures administered, and other data relevant to the patient's care in the electronic health record. Acts as the liaison between the provider and the patient.
Performs examinations for those who are critically ill and may require immediate medical attention.
Performs medical history taking techniques which requires knowledge of pathophysiology of disease processes and knowledge of normal and abnormal vital signs for all ages across the lifespan.
Knowledge of and ability to recognize adverse signs/symptoms and to react swiftly in emergency situations.
Assists patients in navigating the health care system.
Demonstrates professional and effective communication methods/skills, with patients, co-workers, and other members of the community.
Follows appropriate lines of authority (chain of command).
Communicates with patients, families, and team members to ensure the occurrence of effective therapeutic interventions, and to ensure safe patient care. Following the nursing scope of practice and nursing process.
Performs appropriate treatments as ordered by licensed provider in an accurate and timely manner.
Knowledge of normal and abnormal laboratory values.
Knowledge of pharmaceuticals, desired effects, side effects, and complications of use, and steps to counteract adverse effects to properly administer and monitor patients using medications.
Knowledge and proficiency in medication administration, including, ability to perform medication calculations for dosing purposes at all age levels.
Knowledge and ability to educate/instruct patients, family, and/ or significant others in proper health care of patients.
Other duties as assigned to maintain and enhance the operation of the department.
Current RN (Registered Nurse) degree and Wyoming licensure.
Experience in Telemedicine Nursing preferred and/or two years of nursing experience.
ACLS/BLS/CPR certification or within a timely manner of employment.
Expert knowledge of best nursing practices in general and for specific populations, such as children or the elderly
Must be able to pass a criminal background check under the Indian Child Protection Act and Family Act (P.L.101-630).
Full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
Standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
The work environment involves risks and discomforts of a patient care setting including exposure to communicable diseases. The demand of computer terminals and keyboards for long periods of time that may cause eye, shoulder, and wrist strain.
Competitive wages (no state or local tax)
18 different medical insurance packages
Dental, vision and life insurance
Retirement plan with 4% match
Up to $25,000 per year student loan repayment program (certain eligibility requirements)
IMPORTANT APPLICATION CRITERIA:
- Submit a complete application with supporting documents either online or to WRFCHC Human Resource Department located at 120 North 6th East St (Old DFS Bldg.), Riverton WY. Applicants must submit all supporting documents to be eligible for the position they are applying for.
- Supporting documents: Driver’s License, Tribal ID, High School Diploma/GED, Degree or professional credentials, and other supporting documents that verify required qualifications.
- Applicants not living in the local area may submit a cover letter, resume, and supporting documents in lieu of an application as an initial statement of interest for a particular job announcement. However, the applicant must follow-up with an official Wind River Family and Community Health Care job application.
- Applicants who have a current application on file are required to submit a letter of interest for each position in which they want to be considered for. The letter should address how they meet each qualification. Supporting documents must be attached to the letter of interest.
- Telephone calls are not accepted in place of an employment application or letter of interest.
- When the position qualifications require a driver’s license, education, or professional credentials, the applicant must submit copies of certificates, licenses, degrees, and other supporting documentation. Applicants who do not provide supporting documents will be disqualified.
- WRFCHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Preference will be given to a qualified tribal member, then a qualified tribal member of a federally recognized tribe and then other qualified candidates.
- Qualified Indian Preference applicants must provide a copy of their tribal enrollment identification card or a Certificate of Indian Blood.
- Background investigation, drug and alcohol screening are required as a condition of employment. Refusal will render the applicant ineligible for employment.
For information or questions, please contact Human Resources at 307-856-9281 ext. 367.