DEPARTMENT: White Buffalo Recovery Center
REPORTS TO: Youth Prevention Coordinator
JOB STATUS: Full-Time/Non-exempt/Some evenings and weekends
OPEN DATE: 11-08-2023
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
The Community Prevention Specialist focuses on making community level changes in our area. This position will create and implement local strategic plans that focus on policy changes, systems transformation, and information dissemination. The focus areas include alcohol, tobacco, other drugs, and suicide prevention.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides assistance and technical support to the community about substance use disorder prevention and education activities.
Conduct educational sessions on substance abuse, alcohol abuse, commercial tobacco and other drug related problems to local schools and community agencies/programs.
Conduct community wide wellness and education sessions and conferences.
Support the community and schools through social/prevention activities: e.g., building self-esteem, mutual-help, self-help, group counseling, etc.
Facilitate youth talking circles and support groups.
Provide activities including, but not limited to, cultural events and activities, experiential learning activities, leadership, and youth empowerment events.
Promote overall wellness and support wellness activities in the community.
Enter all activities on the required database system.
Develop prevention community resources utilizing media, social media, advising, fact sheets, etc.
Support the Youth Media Center and assist in the development of prevention videos and films.
Develop positive messages and speak on the local radio station once a week.
Other duties as assigned to maintain and enhance the operation of the department.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Associate degree in human services or related field.
Must be comfortable with public speaking and representing programs to the community.
Must be self-motivated and organized.
Must have 2 years of continuous sobriety from drugs and/or alcohol.
Must possess a valid driver license and be eligible for coverage under WRFCHC’s auto insurance policy.
Must be able to pass a criminal background under the Indian Child Protection Act and Family Act (P.L.101-630).
Knowledge of confidentiality rules and regulations including HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2.
Competitive wages (no state or local tax)
18 different medical insurance packages
Dental and vision insurance
Retirement plan with 4% match
IMPORTANT APPLICATION CRITERIA:
- Submit a complete application with supporting documents either online or to WRFCHC Human Resource Department located at 120 North 6th East St (Old DFS Bldg.), Riverton WY. Applicants must submit all supporting documents to be eligible for the position they are applying for.
- Supporting documents: Driver’s License, Tribal ID, High School Diploma/GED, Degree or professional credentials, and other supporting documents that verify required qualifications.
- Applicants not living in the local area may submit a cover letter, resume, and supporting documents in lieu of an application as an initial statement of interest for a particular job announcement. However, the applicant must follow-up with an official Wind River Family and Community Health Care job application.
- Applicants who have a current application on file are required to submit a letter of interest for each position in which they want to be considered for. The letter should address how they meet each qualification. Supporting documents must be attached to the letter of interest.
- Telephone calls are not accepted in place of an employment application or letter of interest.
- When the position qualifications require a driver’s license, education, or professional credentials, the applicant must submit copies of certificates, licenses, degrees, and other supporting documentation. Applicants who do not provide supporting documents will be disqualified.
- WRFCHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Preference will be given to a qualified tribal member, then a qualified tribal member of a federally recognized tribe and then other qualified candidates.
- Qualified Indian Preference applicants must provide a copy of their tribal enrollment identification card or a Certificate of Indian Blood.
- Background investigation, drug and alcohol screening are required as a condition of employment. Refusal will render the applicant ineligible for employment.
For information or questions, please contact Human Resources at 307-856-9281 ext. 367.