DEPARTMENT: Quality Improvement
REPORTS TO: Clinical Director
JOB TYPE: Full-Time/Non-Exempt/Permanent
OPEN DATE: 10/2/2023
CLOSE DATE: Until filled
This position is responsible for analyzing and communicating data, implementing quality improvement interventions, conducting internal monitoring, and assisting in resolving/preventing gaps in care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide support to WRFCHC and provider teams to enable them to thrive in a patient-centered medical home environment.
Interfaces with a diverse range of clinical, operational, and administrative professionals to resolve complex issues and improve performance across in the system of care: infrastructure, care delivery and workforce.
Assist teams, departments, and service lines with implementing strategies to improve the patient experience, reduce costs and improve patient clinical outcomes.
Provide on-site training, coaching and technical assistance on the tools and systems used by teams to transform into a value-based care model.
Serve as a Quality Improvement (QI) coach, make visits to WRFCHC facilities to engage in performance improvement projects, provide technical support, collaborate to meet training and educational needs of the practice.
Will serve as a knowledge expert in the model for improvement.
Works closely with WRFCHC managers and staff to address population health management goals, identify focused areas for improvement and implement strategies necessary to increase compliance of identified measures.
Conduct chart audits and abstractions related to quality measures, improvement projects to ensure goals, objectives, outcomes, accreditation, and regulatory requirements are met.
Continuously monitors quality improvement reports, performs adequate data/barrier analysis, identifies opportunities for improvement and develops performance improvement targets and recommendations across the organization.
Perform required scheduled facility assessments, identify, and track significant outcomes and performance data and compare to national benchmarks and national guidelines.
Presents findings/recommendations to the senior leaders in the organization, managers, and staff as appropriate.
Attend training meetings, conference calls, and web-based programs pertaining to QI as needed.
Communicates and demonstrates the use of tools, and shares resources to support WRFCHC’s work to achieve improvement goals while maximizing the team’s involvement
Develop project plans, timelines, and achieve required milestones as they pertain to current QI projects, population health management, and reporting requirements.
Serve as the liaison between clinical, operational, and service line leaders to support the fidelity of the patient-centered medical home model to achieve value-based care.
Performs other duties as assigned to maintain and enhance the operation of the program.
Bachelor's or graduate/higher level degree with a major study in an academic field related to the medical, health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
Functional knowledge in continuous quality improvement principles (ie, model for improvement) and the ability to understand and use analytical reasoning to interpret and act on patient care data and performance.
Experience in an ambulatory care practice and familiarity with using an electronic health record is necessary.
Experience in processes related to accreditation, compliance, federal and state/regulations (i.e., quality assurance) in health care is a plus.
Two years of experience in a clinical or public health field working directly with individuals seeking care or teams providing care.
Well organized, self-directed, able to work independently, with the ability to interact, in a professional manner, with staff on all levels and the public.
Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check under the Indian Child Protection Act and Family Act (P.L.101-630).
Current BLS Certification or must be able to obtain it within 60 days of hire.
Competitive wages (no state or local tax)
18 different medical insurance packages
Dental and vision insurance
Retirement plan with 4% match
Leave Benefits to accommodate all employees’ needs for paid time off for: personal time, sick time, civic responsibilities,
Up to $25,000 per year student loan repayment program (certain eligibility requirements)
CME allowances for licensures
IMPORTANT APPLICATION CRITERIA:
- Submit a complete application with supporting documents either online or to WRFCHC Human Resource Department located at 120 North 6th East St (Old DFS Bldg.), Riverton WY. Applicants must submit all supporting documents to be eligible for the position they are applying for.
- Supporting documents: Driver’s License, Tribal ID, High School Diploma/GED, Degree or professional credentials, and other supporting documents that verify required qualifications.
- Applicants not living in the local area may submit a cover letter, resume, and supporting documents in lieu of an application as an initial statement of interest for a particular job announcement. However, the applicant must follow-up with an official Wind River Family and Community Health Care job application.
- Applicants who have a current application on file are required to submit a letter of interest for each position in which they want to be considered for. The letter should address how they meet each qualification. Supporting documents must be attached to the letter of interest.
- Telephone calls are not accepted in place of an employment application or letter of interest.
- When the position qualifications require a driver’s license, education, or professional credentials, the applicant must submit copies of certificates, licenses, degrees, and other supporting documentation. Applicants who do not provide supporting documents will be disqualified.
- WRFCHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Preference will be given to a qualified tribal member, then a qualified tribal member of a federally recognized tribe and then other qualified candidate.
- Qualified Indian Preference applicants must provide a copy of their tribal enrollment identification card or a Certificate of Indian Blood.
- Background investigation, drug and alcohol screening are required as a condition of employment. Refusal will render the applicant ineligible for employment.
- WRFCHC offers a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life, and a 4% 401(k) retirement plan. In addition, employees enjoy vacation and sick leave and 13 paid holidays.
For information or questions, please contact Human Resources at 307-856-9281 ext. 367.