DEPARTMENT: Transitional House-White Buffalo
REPORTS TO: Transitional House Manager
SALARY: Per Approved Budget
JOB STATUS: Full-Time/Non-Exempt
OPEN DATE: 6-01-2023
CLOSE DATE: Until filled
The Elder Mentor works directly with the individuals residing in the Transitional House, their families, and our community by working in collaboration with Substance Abuse Technicians, their CAPA, CAP and other treatment team members to help educate, promote, and support healthy lifestyle changes in relation to their treatment program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist and supervise clients with preparation of meals, scheduling appointments, chores, community service and other activities.
Accurately reports incidents or any behavior that includes significance on provided forms.
Communicate difficulties and or concerns regarding client’s behaviors to the supervisor as appropriate.
Completes paperwork requirements to maintain quality, up-to-date records, including progress notes and other relevant information, enter the necessary information into the electronic health record (EHR) system, ACCUCARE when necessary.
Maintain professional standards of conduct, and model positive recovery type behavior. Adhere to NAADAC Code of Ethics, as well as policies and procedures.
Attend all mandatory training and staff meetings.
Provide coverage assistance to co-workers to always ensure supervision of residents.
Provide comfort and safety to clients who are in need of a gentle hand.
Performs other duties as assigned to maintain and enhance the operation of the program.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check under the Indian Child Protection Act and Family Act (P.L.101-630).
Knowledge of the 12-step approach to substance abuse counseling.
Knowledge of the Northern Arapaho tradition, culture, philosophies, and language.
Competitive wages (no state or local tax)
18 different medical insurance packages
Dental and vision insurance
Retirement plan with 4% match
IMPORTANT APPLICATION CRITERIA:
- Submit a complete application with supporting documents either online or to WRFCHC Human Resource Department located at 120 North 6th East St (Old DFS Bldg.), Riverton WY. Applicants must submit all supporting documents to be eligible for the position they are applying for.
- Supporting documents: Proof of Covid Vaccination and Booster, Driver’s License, Tribal ID, High School Diploma/GED, Degree or professional credentials, and other supporting documents that verify required qualifications.
- WRFCHC is a mandatory covid vaccine employer. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
- Applicants not living in the local area may submit a cover letter, resume, and supporting documents in lieu of an application as an initial statement of interest for a particular job announcement. However, the applicant must follow-up with an official Wind River Family and Community Health Care job application.
- Applicants who have a current application on file are required to submit a letter of interest for each position in which they want to be considered for. The letter should address how they meet each qualification. Supporting documents must be attached to the letter of interest.
- Telephone calls are not accepted in place of an employment application or letter of interest.
- When the position qualifications require a driver’s license, education, or professional credentials, the applicant must submit copies of certificates, licenses, degrees, and other supporting documentation. Applicants who do not provide supporting documents will be disqualified.
- WRFCHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Preference will be given to a qualified tribal member, then a qualified tribal member of a federally recognized tribe and then other qualified candidates.
- Qualified Indian Preference applicants must provide a copy of their tribal enrollment identification card or a Certificate of Indian Blood.
- Background investigation, drug and alcohol screening are required as a condition of employment. Refusal will render the applicant ineligible for employment.
For information or questions, please contact Human Resources at 307-856-9281 ext. 367.