DEPARTMENT: White Buffalo Recovery Center
REPORTS TO: Lead Peer Specialist
JOB TYPE: Full-Time/Non-exempt/Rotating locations/Some evenings required based on client schedules.
OPEN DATE: January 25, 2023
CLOSE DATE: Until filled.
Provides peer support services by serving as a role model, mentor, advocate, and motivator to recovering clients to help prevent relapse and promote long-term recovery.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Listen attentively with respect, acceptance, and encouragement.
Understands and respects the impact of trauma and responses to trauma demonstrate sensitivity and acceptance of individual experiences.
Assist clients in overcoming barriers to treatment and meeting basic needs to promote self-sufficiency.
Assist clients with building social skills that will empower and enhance integration opportunities and teach self-advocacy skills that support success within the community.
Share personal recovery experiences and develop appropriate and authentic peer-to-peer relationships.
Provide education to clients on how to identify and work through negative self-talk and ways to overcome fears.
Educate clients around community and natural support, and how to utilize these in the recovery process.
Facilitate groups to promote mutual learning, engagement and integration of community resources such as cultural activities, spirituality, and other positive supports.
Completes necessary documentation according to CARF accreditation and 3rd party payer standards.
Completes paperwork requirements to maintain quality, up-to-date records, including progress notes and other relevant information, enter the necessary information into the electronic health record (EHR) system, ACCUCARE.
Maintain professional standards of conduct, and model recovery type behavior. Adhere to NAADAC Code of Ethics, as well as policies and procedures.
Other duties assigned to maintain and enhance the operation of the department.
Must have a high school diploma or GED.
Must be able to obtain certification as a Peer Specialist within 3 months of hire.
Knowledge and understanding of confidentiality rules and regulations including HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2
First Aid/CPR obtain within 60 days of hire.
Must have a minimum of two (2) years of continuous recovery of being clean and sober.
Must possess a valid driver license and be eligible for coverage under WRFCHC’s auto insurance policy.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check under the Indian Child Protection Act and Family Act (P.L.101-630).
Competitive wages (no state or local tax)
18 different medical insurance packages
Dental and vision insurance
Retirement plan with 4% match
Leave Benefits to accommodate all employees’ needs for paid time off for: personal time, sick time, civic responsibilities.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION CRITERIA:
- Submit a complete application with supporting documents either online or to WRFCHC Human Resource Department located at 120 North 6th East St (Old DFS Bldg.), Riverton WY. Applicants must submit all supporting documents to be eligible for the position they are applying for.
- Supporting documents: Proof of Covid Vaccination and Booster, Driver’s License, Tribal ID, High School Diploma/GED, Degree or professional credentials, and other supporting documents that verify required qualifications.
- WRFCHC is a mandatory covid vaccine employer. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
- Applicants not living in the local area may submit a cover letter, resume, and supporting documents in lieu of an application as an initial statement of interest for a particular job announcement. However, the applicant must follow-up with an official Wind River Family and Community Health Care job application.
- Applicants who have a current application on file are required to submit a letter of interest for each position in which they want to be considered for. The letter should address how they meet each qualification. Supporting documents must be attached to the letter of interest.
- Telephone calls are not accepted in place of an employment application or letter of interest.
- When the position qualifications require a driver’s license, education, or professional credentials, the applicant must submit copies of certificates, licenses, degrees, and other supporting documentation. Applicants who do not provide supporting documents will be disqualified.
- WRFCHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Preference will be given to a qualified tribal member, then a qualified tribal member of a federally recognized tribe and then other qualified candidates.
- Qualified Indian Preference applicants must provide a copy of their tribal enrollment identification card or a Certificate of Indian Blood.
- Background investigation, drug and alcohol screening are required as a condition of employment. Refusal will render the applicant ineligible for employment.
For information or questions, please contact Human Resources at 307-856-9281 ext. 367.