REPORTS TO: Clinical Director
JOB TYPE: Full-Time/Exempt/Permanent
OPEN DATE: October 21, 2022
CLOSE DATE: Until filled
Supports the Occupational Therapist in conducting therapy treatments to improve patients’ mobility and physical health.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assessing the patient’s physical, communication, and cognitive skills to develop a treatment plan.
Giving advice and providing support for family members and caregivers.
Performing initial patient assessments, teaching patients to use adaptive technology and coaching them through therapeutic activities.
Helping patients take part in everyday activities based on their unique circumstances.
Assisting patients with exercises for pain relief.
Reviewing patient progress and adapting the treatment plan accordingly.
Communicate patient progress or problems to supervisor and other team members; assist with patient scheduling and other clerical duties.
Document patient care in accordance with regulatory, licensing, payer, and accrediting requirements.
Instruct the patient’s family, care team and occupational therapy assistant in follow through programs and exercises.
Maintain equipment work area in a safe and clean condition.
Serves as a patient and rehabilitation advocate for current prospective patients, to all internal and external customers while participating in quality assurance and customer service activities.
Supervise Occupational Therapy Assistant in accordance with licensing and regulatory requirements and WRFCHC policies.
Other duties as assigned to maintain and enhance the operation of the department.
Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy program.
Wyoming Occupational Therapist license.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check under the Indian Child Protection Act and Family Act (P.L.101-630).
Current BLS Certification or must be able to obtain it within 60 days of hire.
Occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use the hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
Must be able to lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds and push-pull 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Frequent exposure to conditions common to a medical/clinical facility, such as exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation and medical preparations
Competitive wages (no state or local tax)
18 different medical insurance packages
Dental and vision insurance
Retirement plan with 4% match
Leave Benefits to accommodate all employees’ needs for paid time off for: personal time, sick time, civic responsibilities,
Up to $25,000 per year student loan repayment program (certain eligibility requirements)
CME allowances for licensures
IMPORTANT APPLICATION CRITERIA:
- Submit a complete application with supporting documents either online or to WRFCHC Human Resource Department located at 120 North 6th East St (Old DFS Bldg.), Riverton WY. Applicants must submit all supporting documents to be eligible for the position they are applying for.
- Supporting documents: Proof of Covid Vaccination and Booster, Driver’s License, Tribal ID, High School Diploma/GED, Degree or professional credentials, and other supporting documents that verify required qualifications.
- WRFCHC is a mandatory covid vaccine employer. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
- Applicants not living in the local area may submit a cover letter, resume, and supporting documents in lieu of an application as an initial statement of interest for a particular job announcement. However, the applicant must follow-up with an official Wind River Family and Community Health Care job application.
- Applicants who have a current application on file are required to submit a letter of interest for each position in which they want to be considered for. The letter should address how they meet each qualification. Supporting documents must be attached to the letter of interest.
- Telephone calls are not accepted in place of an employment application or letter of interest.
- When the position qualifications require a driver’s license, education, or professional credentials, the applicant must submit copies of certificates, licenses, degrees, and other supporting documentation. Applicants who do not provide supporting documents will be disqualified.
- WRFCHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Preference will be given to a qualified tribal member, then a qualified tribal member of a federally recognized tribe and then other qualified candidate.
- Qualified Indian Preference applicants must provide a copy of their tribal enrollment identification card or a Certificate of Indian Blood.
- Background investigation, drug and alcohol screening are required as a condition of employment. Refusal will render the applicant ineligible for employment.
For information or questions, please contact Human Resources at 307-856-9281 ext. 367.