REPORTS TO: Physical Therapist
JOB TYPE: Full-Time/Non-Exempt/Permanent
OPEN DATE: October 21, 2022
CLOSE DATE: Until filled
Oversees helping patients complete physical therapy exercises based on instruction and directions from an attending Physical Therapist and their treatment plans.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Help patients stretch and exercise certain muscle groups.
Read instructions from Physical Therapist.
Works directly with Physical Therapist to assist patients.
Speak with families to find best at-home techniques for home exercises.
Keep the therapy area clean and organized.
Assist with transferring patients with assistive devices to the therapy area.
Complete administrative tasks like scheduling appointments, filing paperwork, completing patient documentation.
Teach patients exercises, strength training, and balance training per direction from Physical Therapist.
Report to Physical Therapist regarding patient outcomes.
Work closely with patients to help them recover from injuries, gain strength, and improve activities of daily living.
Provide physical therapy treatments and patient care according to state, federal, and professional guidelines.
Other duties as assigned to maintain and enhance the operation of the department.
Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant program.
Wyoming Physical Therapist Assistant license.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check under the Indian Child Protection Act and Family Act (P.L.101-630).
Current BLS Certification or must be able to obtain it within 60 days of hire.
Occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use the hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
Must be able to lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds and push-pull 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Frequent exposure to conditions common to a medical/clinical facility, such as exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation and medical preparations
Competitive wages (no state or local tax)
18 different medical insurance packages
Dental and vision insurance
Retirement plan with 4% match
Leave Benefits to accommodate all employees’ needs for paid time off for: personal time, sick time, civic responsibilities,
Up to $25,000 per year student loan repayment program (certain eligibility requirements)
CME allowances for licensures
IMPORTANT APPLICATION CRITERIA:
- Submit a complete application with supporting documents either online or to WRFCHC Human Resource Department located at 120 North 6th East St (Old DFS Bldg.), Riverton WY. Applicants must submit all supporting documents to be eligible for the position they are applying for.
- Supporting documents: Proof of Covid Vaccination and Booster, Driver’s License, Tribal ID, High School Diploma/GED, Degree or professional credentials, and other supporting documents that verify required qualifications.
- WRFCHC is a mandatory covid vaccine employer. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
- Applicants not living in the local area may submit a cover letter, resume, and supporting documents in lieu of an application as an initial statement of interest for a particular job announcement. However, the applicant must follow-up with an official Wind River Family and Community Health Care job application.
- Applicants who have a current application on file are required to submit a letter of interest for each position in which they want to be considered for. The letter should address how they meet each qualification. Supporting documents must be attached to the letter of interest.
- Telephone calls are not accepted in place of an employment application or letter of interest.
- When the position qualifications require a driver’s license, education, or professional credentials, the applicant must submit copies of certificates, licenses, degrees, and other supporting documentation. Applicants who do not provide supporting documents will be disqualified.
- WRFCHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Preference will be given to a qualified tribal member, then a qualified tribal member of a federally recognized tribe and then other qualified candidate.
- Qualified Indian Preference applicants must provide a copy of their tribal enrollment identification card or a Certificate of Indian Blood.
- Background investigation, drug and alcohol screening are required as a condition of employment. Refusal will render the applicant ineligible for employment.
For information or questions, please contact Human Resources at 307-856-9281 ext. 367.