DEPARTMENT: Health Information Management
REPORTS TO: First Impressions Supervisor
JOB STATUS: Full-Time/Non-Exempt/Rotating Locations
OPEN DATE: January 30, 2024
CLOSE DATE: Until filled
This position provides scheduling, registration, and eligibility services for patients by obtaining and processing demographic and insurance information for alternate resources, referral health services and private/commercial insurance for the enhancement of the revenue cycle.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Greet patients in a friendly and professional manner.
Interviews patients to obtain pertinent current patient registration demographic information and enters/maintains in RPMS Patient Registration system.
- Mailing and physical address
- Telephone number
- Employer information
- Emergency contact
- Student status
- Third Party Insurance: Medicare, Medicaid, Private Insurance, Workers Compensation, Veteran Affairs (VA), etc.
- Any missing documents
Obtains, verifies, and sequences insurance information for billing and maximum reimbursement from all alternate resources.
Determine the eligibility status of patients according to WFCHC policy and guidelines.
Assist with the high volume of incoming calls, scheduling of appointment and correct entry of electronic message for medical staff via EHR (Electronic Health Record).
Works closely with Benefits Coordinators to ensure WRFCHC patients have access to all alternate resources.
Immediately alert their appropriate supervisor and the Medical Trauma team to any trauma patient that arrives at the clinic.
Maintains confidentiality of medical record information in accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and WRFCHC policies and procedures.
Performs other duties as assigned to maintain and enhance the operation of the program.
High School Diploma or GED.
One to two years’ experience in a high call volume service center, preferred but not required.
Demonstrated ability to provide essential customer service and knowledge in a high paced contact center environment as typically demonstrated with up to one year of experience, preferably in healthcare or managed care.
Ability to use technology tools to research and obtain accurate information to respond to customer inquiries via incoming calls, emails and/or instant messaging/chat avenues while always maintaining a professional and service-oriented demeanor.
Demonstrated ability to utilize computer and typing skills.
Must possess excellent communication skills to maintain a positive and helpful attitude with customers.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check under the Indian Child Protection Act and Family Act (P.L.101-630).
The work environment involves risks and discomforts of a patient care setting including exposure to communicable diseases, working with office machines, and computers.
The demand for computer terminals and keyboards for long periods of time may cause eye, shoulder, and wrist strain.
Work is performed in a smoke-free office setting.
There is adequate light, heat, and ventilation in the work area.
Competitive wages (no state or local tax)
18 different medical insurance packages
Dental and vision insurance
Retirement plan with 4% match
IMPORTANT APPLICATION CRITERIA:
- Submit a complete application with supporting documents either online or to WRFCHC Human Resource Department located at 120 North 6th East St (Old DFS Bldg.), Riverton WY. Applicants must submit all supporting documents to be eligible for the position they are applying for.
- Supporting documents: Driver’s License, Tribal ID, High School Diploma/GED, Degree or professional credentials, and other supporting documents that verify required qualifications.
- Applicants not living in the local area may submit a cover letter, resume, and supporting documents in lieu of an application as an initial statement of interest for a particular job announcement. However, the applicant must follow-up with an official Wind River Family and Community Health Care job application.
- Applicants who have a current application on file are required to submit a letter of interest for each position in which they want to be considered for. The letter should address how they meet each qualification. Supporting documents must be attached to the letter of interest.
- Telephone calls are not accepted in place of an employment application or letter of interest.
- When the position qualifications require a driver’s license, education, or professional credentials, the applicant must submit copies of certificates, licenses, degrees, and other supporting documentation. Applicants who do not provide supporting documents will be disqualified.
- WRFCHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Preference will be given to a qualified tribal member, then a qualified tribal member of a federally recognized tribe and then other qualified candidates.
- Qualified Indian Preference applicants must provide a copy of their tribal enrollment identification card or a Certificate of Indian Blood.
- Background investigation, drug and alcohol screening are required as a condition of employment. Refusal will render the applicant ineligible for employment.
For information or questions, please contact Human Resources at 307-856-9281 ext. 367.